About me!

Hello, everyone! My name is Adam Gary and this is me.

I was born and raised in Millersville, Maryland. I love reading and writing, it’s quite therapeutic for me. It’s so amazing and raw when words can touch your heart, truly, making you think deep genuine thoughts. My most embarrassing moment was when I was in a play in fourth grade, I couldn’t remember the lines so I just sat there and smiled at the audience! My parents separated when I was young, but I knew it was the best thing because they had grown apart and wanted different things. The biggest impact in my life is music, it’s very cliche to say but it’s extremely important to me. My favorite musical artist is named Marina Diamandis. Stage name: Marina and The Diamonds, her music is/was so important to me growing up. I genuinely don’t think I would be who I am today without her music. She is just one of the many artists that I love. I’ve always had an appreciation for literature. Whether it’s the classics or books that no ones ever even heard of. My favorite word is ‘seldom’, I couldn’t tell you why, it’s just such a pretty word. I’m also an avid feminist or equalist. I believe both genders should be treated equally. Socially, politically, and economically. It’s always been something I hold dear to my heart. I’m openly gay and very proud of that. I grew up with an outrageously accepting family and I couldn’t be more blessed with the things and people I have in my life. A quote that very much resonates with me is “If history could set you free, from who you were supposed to be.” – History and society very much dictate how you are supposed to act and be. It’s very sad because most of the population subscribes to the idea of stereotypes you fall into. I have fallen into many but everyday I’m trying to stray away from who people expect me to be. I’ve always been very headstrong and stubborn which isn’t necessarily a bad thing and I’m learning and growing everyday. This is me.

One thought on “About me!